Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leggo my Alter Ego

"Hey Staab?"

"Yes, Jon?"

"Have you ever doubted your sanity?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Well, my name plus your name equals your name."

"So?"

"So, maybe you're schizophrenic, and I am your alter ego."

"Well, maybe, but I don't think so. If that was true, I would have decieved myself quite productively. Your entire family would be a fiction; my very home wouldn't exist. I live with your family. Your family's existence, from my perspective, is contingent on your existence. If you didn't exist, neither would they, and I would likely be dead from exposure by now. Or maybe I would be living in a stranger's house. Perhaps I am your alter ego."

"That would mean that I am my alter ego's ego!"

"Melinda, can you see him?"

"Yes, but I can't see you."

"Oh. Well, fiddlesticks. I'm Jon's alter ego."

2 comments:

Erin Brooks said...

We just laughed so hard you could have cut diamonds with our laughter. We might die from exposure to this blog because our internal organs just can't take all the laughter. Maybe you all should have a health risk warning. Danger: risk of cracked ribs, beverages unexpectedly exiting nose, and probably death just for good measure.
Thanks Jons! :)

trotter said...

That was incredible.