Monday, February 23, 2009

This Metaphor is a Goose

"Man, metaphors freak me out. Listen to this: 'During the final exam several students went down in flames.'"

"So?"

"So did they or not? They're so easy to misunderstand! Like, is 'the question of Federal aid to parochial schools' literally 'a bramble patch?'"

"My feet are ice cubes."

"You are the sun in my sky."

"I broke a sweat."

"He extended the warm hand of friendship."

"He sneezed up a storm."

"Your eyes are butterflies."

"I am a rock."

"My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi."

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys."

"Thy teeth are a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them."

"Pretty much anything from Song of Solomon."

"Yeah."

No comments: